Worst Ex Stories Rules & Regulations
- If you want to share your Worst Ex Story, you must write it and submit it to us ahead of time. There will be a cap on the word count.
- Each participant will read her story from her manuscript, like a reading at an author's workshop. As if her story belongs to her, but she is not her story.
- Your fellow WAW sisters can react, but there will be no extended discussion after each story. We will simply hear one another, and in turn be heard.
- We will do something symbolic at the end, to celebrate. To celebrate what? Being here, being whole, having what we have, believing life to be full of possibilities, perhaps believing in forgiveness.
- And, because of the enthusiasm this workshop has created, we are going to publish our Worst Ex Stories as an anthology next spring. Why? For entertainment, for enlightenment, and, I hope, for the edification of younger women who might come upon the book. What if we help a few of our daughters and younger friends avoid the pitfalls we fell into, thanks to our shared experience and wisdom and our willingness to tell about the mistakes we've made? Wouldn't that be amazing!
I've got a Worst Ex Story, and I'll lead off the workshop by telling it. So let's pop open the cork on that healthful bottle of wine and get the party going!
We're publishing an anthology of the best "Worst Ex Stories" this spring!
All submitted stories from Women At Woodstock attendees will be considered for the anthology - and, because of the enthusiasm for this project (we've heard from many women who aren't attending but who want to submit their stories), we've decided to open up story submissions to everyone - not just those who are attending Women At Woodstock. Of course, you can't read your story to the group unless you're attending, but you can submit your story for consideration for publication in our anthology whether you're attending our retreat or not. Those whose stories are selected will receive a free copy of our very first Women At Woodstock Anthology - Worst Ex Stories when it's published!